Friday, June 1, 2007

Lost in a Supermarket

So I nearly lost a friend to the coup de grâce of electricity... and that before he could give me a leather-bound gospel!

I will recite his requiem if destiny beckons, pay the priest for the ceremony and duly coordinate a swedish chamber pop band to do the honours.

On to the mundane matters of life...
I was browsing through Dominion today shopping for groceries and whatnot... my staple diet of pasta and muslix, and suddenly all I could hear in the secret aeons of my head was that tune by the Clash: Lost in a supermarket

I'm all lost in the supermarket
I can no longer shop happily
I came in here for the special offer
A guaranteed personality

In the dreamy state that I was, I walked around, humming to myself, just tapping my feet twice and then knocking on a can of tin soup...how andy warhol of me?!! Oh mys... I surprise myself sometimes with these little quirky oddities.

Tomorrow I have decided that I will travel long and far along bloor and reach some distant indie shop which I have set in my sights...followers are free to come along, equipped with pens and cameras!

No pictures today.. no fancy quotes... no frenchness
I don't want to belabour the point! (ooh belabour...god I love that word)

2 comments:

Belmondo Cafe said...

Hahaha. When I get snuffed out, my only wish would be for I'm From Barcelona, Jens Lekman, and Loney, Dear to play my funeral. Well, only some Jens as he's inconsistant; unlike death.

What a pompous wannabe elitiest you are.

Belmondo Cafe said...

I noticed I incorrectly spelled elitist but there ain't no "edit comment" section; what a bummer.