Tuesday, July 31, 2007

En Passant


"there were bookshops with racks of magazines printed without capital letters or the bourgeois disturbance of full stops" - the buddha of suburbia

let me turn on some sonic youth (circa daydream nation) to help me create the required zen for this post

okay that's better

now let me paint a picture:

a coquette - elegantly poised, meticulously adding salad dressing to her ready-made salad, that she must have purchased only minutes ago from some cornerstore

me - watching from a couple rows away, drinking in the sights and sounds of a city abuzz with vibrant energy that has only just gone under the dark embrace of the night

we are on the streetcar that is carrying us away from the harsh and oppressive heat of the heart of chinatown towards the more plaintive and sullen harbourfront

the day has only left its ruins along the road
vendors are collecting their livelihood and closing up for the night
chinese neon signs still offer me their fried goods and their banking services
I watch it all in a blur
flitting images

back to our coquette; she indulges now in her salad, from time to time adding a dab more of dressing
while asobi seksu that is blaring in my eardrums from my mp3 player lays on pounds more of jarring guitars and beautiful ebullient vocals that steer me carefully into the abyss

2 comments:

Haoma said...

BOY WANT SEKSU GIVE GIRL GIVENCHY

Belmondo Cafe said...

Today I was puttering about in my jalopy and Asobi Seksu's mellifluous chords injected themselves into my veins like heroin; I felt like Butch cruising in Pulp Fiction.