Friday, December 21, 2007

"Get A Shot of the Refrigerator"

He arrives through the doorway... with a knapsack over one shoulder and an "enviro-shopping bag" in the other. Apparently he's trying to reduce his ecological footprint? Trudges up the stairs, to the third floor. Kickin' off his boots he comes into the living room, positively glowing. It's been god-knows-how-long since his refrigerator held any food.

pause
...kettle is whistling in the background over the sweet kraut-inspired motorik beats of stereolab's acclaimed fab four suture; are they singing in french? ah he loves it

comes back now to his computer, tea mug in hand. Freshly brewed from the new batch of Earl Grey he has just brought back from his grocery shopping venture.

ah yet another pause!
..this time its his toast

ok no more intermissions, he decides. Sits down at his spot on the couch. The living room is flowing with euphonious melodies. Now the walls reverberate.. and a voice sings of john wayne gacy. jr's mom folding her son's clothes. Oh Sufjan!
The holidays are in their infancy and two or so weeks, stretch far ahead of him.
Okay I'm going to let go of the third person voice! I revisited an old picture american beauty with my room mate yesterday. I have decided to go through my collection of foreign movies over the break so I can cement my position as an ostentatious self-proclaimed elitist, but with a little more conviction than I possess at the moment.
Look out for an end of the year Top 10 albums in the future on this blog...hopefully before the year expires. Maybe I'll go over the list with my compadre from the suburbs, if he decides to come down from his lofty ivory towers.

Over and Out

1 comment:

Belmondo Cafe said...

Pleasurable stream-of-consciousness confrere! Perhaps you'll post again before the new year.