Sunday, August 3, 2008

Give the mule what he wants!

I was just watching the electric kettle reach a boiling precipice and automatically switch off, when I heard a rhinoceros or some other horned mammal devour a transmission tower, stirring up a commotion of rage and electronic clamour from my room.

I dumped the vociferous water into my mug, which contained equal amounts of coffee and sugar, and ran into my room; entering through the doorframe astounded, top hat and all!

Crying out in a fix, I dashed to my desk, dotted with mugs, like a german minefield, half-full with dark shadowy liquids.

The noise that had erupted from my room and garnered my attention from the kitchen, had been captured in a studio in Offenberg, in the dark reaches of southwest germany, by Judy Winter and Peter Oehler, and a handful of their long-haired, shabby friends. They probably lived as a collective on a lake, for four weeks leading up to their memorable session; indulging in all but a myriad of mind-altering activities. The revolutionary beggar's opera that ensued was probably the apex of their lives...just as my water came to a triumphant boil! Don't take their word for it, listen to their only remaining recordings: SWF sessions, available, only on vinyl from the subterranean German music company, aptly named, Longhair Music Label.

3 comments:

Belmondo Cafe said...

Yesterday I made mango-passion with a beat tea maker, then sipped the liquid citron contemplatively, while reading my daily Ralph Nader update!

Kowalski said...

Note to readers:
Please restrict your comments to the post!

on a different note, I forgot to actually name the band: Jud's Gallery

Belmondo Cafe said...

Haha.
Way to curb esotericism.

Seriously, Ralph Nader is coming to town.