Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Relapse

Deleware - The First State, delcares a license plate. 
Let me rewind a few shots; I feel like I'm falling into a routine, well hardly, but for the sake of brevity, yes a routine. 
I wake up, run through some menial rituals, assemble my persona, walk out the door, past our green party sign and down madison. On a good day with at least ten minutes to spare before my prof starts rambling on, about god knows no what, I'll have my headphones on. 
Nothing like a good vibration of the eardrums, before the monotone annexes brain cells.
Now I stare at middle-aged white men, standing around their houses, smoking, walking their dogs, or women. 
Now its the muscle-men unloading trucks of beer into the same dreary establishment....Madison Pub. 
Now I jump over into the parking lot; I've always preferred diagonals: a line joining two nonconsecutive vertices of a polygon or polyhedron, plus they save time. Here I come across the familiar license plate. What exactly its doing, in a parking lot behind a church, I have no clue. The enigmatic message, well at least for me, has me wondering every morning: Delaware, the first state?
Huh,
named after a British nobleman, 
Thomas West, the 3rd Baron De La Warr
the famous message on the plate comes from the auspicious fact that it was the first State to ratify the constitution of the United States.

Sa Blev Det Bestamt... so it was settled!

1 comment:

Belmondo Cafe said...

I don't believe this!
This one had me making spasmodic squeals, or laughter.
Photograph the sign.