Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Vomitus

The shifting tectonics of my thoughts are dangerous tonight.

It all finally snapped the other day, when I stepped out of his truck onto the cold asphalt at the corner of Lippincott and something. She greets my approach with an accusing stare. I have something written down on a napkin that I intend to hand over to her, tonight before I leave for FSJ - the last laugh.

I yell, "you're looking radiant today, love".
She responds angrily, channelling all her banner-wielding female empowerment, "all objects in the universe radiate energy. "
"Is that right, well let's see to it that you're chock-full of the stuff. C'mon I know a place; they serve freshly squeezed OJ and right sizzlin' bacon."
"NO! I'm not going to hear you indulge about the fields and self-apathy. I'm going with the girls to Donna LaFramboise's book signing, over on the eastend."
"There will be plenty more opportunities to trade tips on growing out your armpits... [trail of low-brow humor].."
"You are INSUFFERABLE!"
"Aaaaaaaaaaah, insufferable! That's why I love you."
"That's it, I won't be buttered over by you. I lost you a long time ago. Now I won't render myself useless and sit around moping, because you have decided to up and leave us."
"I'm glad, your fatalism will keep you company, while I'm gone."

She turns around, but before she does, I grab her and we embrace. I feel her tears soak right through my denim lapel. I decide to hold onto the napkin. We separate.

1 comment:

Dale said...

Sounds like a helluva Colonel trip.