Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Voxtrottin Through Toronto



Voxtrot - Austin, Texas-based indie-pop five piece band is coming to Sneaky Dees on the 8th of June!!! (can i hear people going crazy on the other side of their computers??) if not ... let me heave a sigh of disappointment, brimming with an undertone of angst, somewhat reminiscent of the blow-up of grunge back in the days of nirvana.

Anyhow I digress...back to the matter at hand.. ramesh srivastava and his band of merry musicians are voxtrottin into 'our' city!
I've put up a video of their particularly raucous number entitled "Mothers, Sisters, Daughters & Wives", which was the sonic starting point for the band's sophomore epic EP!

Just yesterday I picked up their new eponymous album. Contrary to some criticisms a friend of mine had given, I was happily surprised. It seems they have been able to form a delightful marriage between the chaotic bliss of previous EPs and their new found calm reassuring touch. Lilting lyrics abound my friend... this record will consume you and replenish your strength at the same time.

"Listen to the sounds of ringing out around you
These are the cries of the dying beat
Politics of hate you'd never get around to
Blood over brains that we never need
I saw you in the back, studied and relaxed
Fixed in the post like a silent stone
Serenity in tact, it's the feeling that I lack
Life in the floors of a stable home "
- voxtrot - kid gloves
...
Anyhow I don't think I need to further elaborate on how quintessential it is to see voxtrot perform live this June. Put your pens aside critics...this is a band to truly applaud if there ever was one!

1 comment:

Belmondo Cafe said...

My, oh my. The profunity in this blog is staggering to a mere mortal such as myself. The structure is phenomenal. The aesthetic value something we all strive for. Thank you for this privledge.