Sunday, March 9, 2008

Scam!!! (More news from nowhere)


I have some ideas... some sketches, a meaty blogpost with extra mustard and a mouth full of bourbon is forthcoming.

For now though I want to vent anger and enunciate on the future!

The whole "Rrroll up the Rim" thing Tim Hortons does is a Scam! I have come away with nothing... every single time, when I dig my teeth into the cup..the same red french text tells me: REESSAYEZ S.V.P

It's like invoking larry lazarus' dead body...only to find out he was content with laying down his tools! Did anyone ask him if he wanted to be raised back from the dead into the whirlpool of shit that must have been life in palestine? The romans must have been working him nine-to-five with not a prospect of a pension retirement fund...

Nick Cave is an auteur, riding his chariot through biblical lands and transporting it back to a contemporary New York, placing Larry in the queue for milk, surrounded by dope fiends and misty-eyed poets.
turn on the radio
some cat on the saxophone
she rubs a lamp between her thighs
and hopes the genie comes out alive

2 comments:

Belmondo Cafe said...

Aight. Firstly, have you ever tasted Tim Horton's tea? Clearly anything so sordid tasting must be correlated with some sort of corporate scam. Pound back Starbucks and it's like you've won "rrroll up the rim" every time.

I'm fairly certain this middle section about Lazarus is blasphemous. I further point you to the pleasurable Porcupine Tree tune of the same name.

The final paragraph is the most difficult to comment upon. Through the ambiguity I feel a lingering symbolism of loneliness, and the lamp may be an allegory to some other ignoble object. The only thing I may say with absolute certitude is that Tom Waits is seven times the auteur Nick Cave is.

Haoma said...

Iam really enjoying this blog now...