Monday, December 15, 2008

Outskirts of Town

Enter several ROADSWEEPERS, pushing their carts. They sing in unison:

The wise man sleeps on a bed of wool, 
The lazy man sleeps on a bed of feathers.
The rheumatic sleeps on wood,
And the rogue on a pretty girl's breasts.

If I were a worker at a Ferromanganese Plant just outside of Brescia in Italy, I would have Parkinson's by now. Instead I have lower-lombar pains that I drown in Tylenol, assuming postures only rivaled by the most self-conscious, vegan, steven and chris-watching, homosexuals. 

4 comments:

Haoma said...

where are u at? Il deserto rosso

Belmondo Cafe said...

Dudester... Let me take you through some stretches... I received the list of books I need to read by next semester... walls oozing moisture and intellectuality anyone?

Kowalski said...

my heart has been yearning for my familiar jewish bookstore owner. I walk/limped past there the other day...
dale wants you downton!

Belmondo Cafe said...

Comments should pertain to the post.